Hospital Admission Guideline
The admission in the hospital could be granted based on three ways: referrals from clinics, emergency, and inpatients with doctors’ orders. Initially, the required doctor for the patient who is collaborating with the hospital as a stakeholder or privileged doctor would be selected. In order to receive your insurance policy letter, you can directly refer to your insurance company or the process can be pursued by the discharge unit.
Take these points into consideration while getting admitted formally in a hospital:
- Keep the hospitalization order of your doctor with you
- Keep your identity card with you (birth certificate or national ID card); for gynecology and obstetrics surgery both the patient and her spouse should have their ID cards with them
- Introduction letter from your insurance company which shares a contract with the hospital
- Admission can be done via central reception located at the ground floor from 6:30 AM to 19:00 PM and also through emergency reception located at the ground floor from 19:00 PM to 6:30 AM
Admission and Discharge Rules
When a patient is admitted formally in a hospital based on his doctor’s order, all the processes regarding admission and discharge are carried out by a single unit. Along with this, the patient is not required to go through repetitive procedures. The procedures involve registration, determining the section and the bed in which the patient needs to get admitted and hospitalized, and reception and discharge process. To make the patient aware of the fees regarding his hospitalization a discharge specialist gives him the information required. If the patient uses insurance policy, he is required to bring an introduction letter from insurance department to the hospital. According to the contract between the hospital and the insurance company, a specific portion of the patient’s fees will be incurred by the insurance company. If the patient doesn’t use any insurance policy, all the expenses must be paid in cash; tariffs and expenses are determined annually by Medical Council.
Discharge order is issued based on doctor’s order and thereafter patient’s file would be closed by the department secretary and consequently the discharge specialist would calculate the fees and expenses via automation system and computer after a full inquiry from para-clinics (pharmacy, radiology and laboratory), inpatient ward and operation room. Then patient’s invoice is drafted and he would receive a call to go to reception-discharge department to be discharged from the hospital (the least and the most duration of time that one has to wait to be discharged is 5 and 15 minutes, respectively).
Hoteling Facilities of Inpatient Rooms
- Changing private rooms to double rooms and vice versa during hospitalization in coordination with inpatient admission unit
- Available choices from the hospital’s food menu according to doctor’s opinion
- Making telephone contacts with the foreign countries via coordination with telecommunication unit of the hospital (number zero)
- The possibility of obtaining information from any department through dialing the numbers given in the list of numbers available in the room
- The possibility to have a nurse or practical nurse in the room via nurse call system
- Using insurance which has a contract with the hospital
Pay attention to these points while proceeding your financial processes:
- Encrypted and traveler’s checks could be accepted by the hospital fund exclusively.
- While receiving encrypted checks or any other kinds of check having ID card (driving license, birth certificate, passport) is obligatory otherwise the check will not be accepted.
- Patient discharge is done from 7:30 AM to 16:00 PM during week days and on Friday and other holidays the time schedule is from 8:30 AM to 14:00 PM.
- In case there was a surplus in the fees received from the patient, it can only be returned to him if the invoices and his valid ID card are matched with patient’s profile.
- All the fees are to be received by the hospital fund if the patient provides the related receipts. Otherwise the fees paid out of the mentioned frame cannot be calculated for the patient and proceeding such an act is contrary to financial rules and regulations of the hospital.
Rules of the hospital to facilitate service delivery to patients and visitors
- Please read all the information given to you in the first page of your file and in case the information written there is in contrary with your ID card information aware reception authorities as soon as possible. Needless to say that the patient is in charge of the authenticity of the information in his file.
- Visiting hours in wards are from 15:00 PM to 17:00 PM and in CCU is from 16:00 PM to 17:00 PM. Visiting is forbidden in ICU section. Avoid bringing less than 12-year-old persons for visiting.
- Due to the limited space and time and for you and your patient’s convenience it is recommended to direct relatives and friends to your home after discharging the patient.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden for the patient and his companions in the hospital.
- The patient is in charge of protecting his valuable properties and accessories, personal items and appliances such as denture and prosthesis. Please try not to keep them at the hospital.
- The presence of a companion for the patient is bound to attending doctor’s permission and he/she would receive a companion card. In double rooms only one companion is allowed and in private rooms the extra fees will be charged for each person added to the first companion.
- The amount of money that is received from you while admitting you in the hospital is only prepayment. You should gain information about the whole fees of your stay at hospital from the discharge unit. Since your expenses include hospital expenses and doctors’ fees you have to receive your bills from the discharge unit of the hospital.
- In case your hospitalization period lasts more than 3 days to get informed about your total fees please refer to the discharge unit located at the ground floor or call 252-255.
- There is a possibility that the day patient is discharged is a holiday, so please be equipped with all the required provisions for paying the bills.
- Discharge of infants are based on testing and treatment, and may last until afternoon. Therefore, mothers who have delivered will be discharged simultaneously along with their child.
- It is necessary to provide the reception (admission) unit with the introduction letter from the contract insurance company to record the serial number of the mentioned letter.
- In case that the patient is admitted as a private patient, the modification of the tariff from private to insurance coverage fees will be allowed only through coordination with the doctors and hospital; so please mention the admission type you want at the time of reception (admission).
- In some introduction letters issued by the organizations which have a contract with the hospital, an amount of money should be paid by the patient called deductible that is received from the patient by hospital fund unit provisionally.
- In case of any fees you have paid to the hospital please hand over the first copy of the receipt you paid to the admission unit in order to have it recorded in your file and keep the second copy with you till the time your patient is discharged to give it to the related unit.
- The patients who are introduced by the insurance companies or other organizations which have a contract with the hospital should pay for the items that are not covered by their respected organization or insurance company such as the difference between free tariff of private room, insurance tariff of double room and other cases that insurance companies are not liable for. Please pay attention to this issue before admission.
- Shahram (Sajjad) Hospital is a fully private hospital which runs based on the principle of current revenue and expenditure and is not under the coverage of any governmental organization or association. Therefore, it is compulsory for the patients to pay the fees and deposits been noticed by the discharge unit. Since the fees are adjusted and made upon the standards and tariffs previously, there would be no discount offered in the fees and expenses.